fitting built under oven into base unit
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hymac47
Labourer
Labourer

fitting built under oven into base unit

by hymac47 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:38 am

I am in the process of having a new kitchen installed. The double built under gas oven has been connected to the gas supply but does not appear to be fitted into the base unit properly. There is a finger width gap between the metal front of the oven and the unit. I presume it should be screwed in flush to the base unit. Also it does not appear to be sitting square as one side is jammed up to the drawer unit next door while at the other side there is a gap between it and the next drawer unit. Should I be asking my kitchen fitter to refit it or should I call out the gas fitters who connected it to refit it? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Nester
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Nester » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:10 am

Most oven units in my experience fit snugly sliding back into the kitchen unit. Weight is normally sufficient to hold them though some have a fascia trim which helps to hold position with perhaps a couple of small screws. It is important that ovens can be removed quickly and easily for servicing or replacement, and if a gas appliance the bayonet hose coupling must be easily accessible. It could be that your appliance just needs a bit of packing if too free moving sideways within the unit and something might be stopping it moving back into the unit - perhaps the hose.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:29 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:27 am