Fitting cable for future electrics during garden renovation
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DaniDavis
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting cable for future electrics during garden renovation

by DaniDavis » Sat May 02, 2020 12:59 pm

Hello
I'm currently renovating my garden and plan to get an electrician round once lock down is over to sort the electrics (with proper part P sign off etc.). I need to run armored cable now so it's in place and wanted some advice. I would like a socket (for lawnmower etc.) and plan to also run some LED strip lights along raised flower beds, so need to know what thickness of cable I should use and any other specifics to consider. I assume it's best to run the lights from where the socket is and just have one point in the garden that the cable runs to, assuming that the electrician will put a safe metal box. The other end of the cable will run into the house and under the new floor to the fuse box. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fitting cable for future electrics during garden renovation

by ericmark » Sun May 03, 2020 11:52 am

In England you don't need to register electrical work in the garden, in Wales it is still required.

Blagdon did a system designed to get around the registration which is not required for pre-made stuff.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fitting cable for future electrics during garden renovation

by Mr White » Sun May 03, 2020 10:58 pm

Cable size is determined by length of cable run and what the load will be.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:23 pm