DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Fitting Electric Towel Radiator into Bathroom

Postby grayman » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:29 am

Im looking to have an electric towel radiator fitted to my bathrrom. The electrician has told me tat it needs its own wiring to the fuse box unless it is less that 13amp, which then can be wired to the e
Ive found the one I want online but the only information I can see is that its 150w,. Im finding it real difficult to get replies back from sellers with any further info.

Would a 150w radiator be less than or more than 13amp?
grayman
Progress to next rank:
5.3%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Mr White » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:03 pm

150 Watts at around 230v ac is not even ONE amp.
To put it into perspective, most electric kettles are around 2,000 watts, with the "high end" ones being 3,000 watts.
Mr White

Postby grayman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks for your reply and help.

Im a little confused as to why an electricician would make this complicated. He informs me that I may need dedicated wiring to the heater unless its !13amp or below. Ive yet to find one above that?
grayman
Progress to next rank:
5.3%

Postby DR_Smith » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:30 pm

Your post caught my attention as boiler went last week and I wished I had the type I had in previous house - still on CH circuit but with electric rod inside them for summer use.
I am not an electrician, but will try a guess.
Maybe.. he was saying separate as it couldn't be added to closest circuit (say immersion heater) where total would take it over, or there is some law on nearest (immersion heater etc) has to be on dedicated cable?
Dave
DR_Smith
Progress to next rank:
5.3%

Postby Mr White » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Mr White

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!