DIY Doctor

Fitting Isolation valve on flexi pipe while fixing leaking tap

Postby Arcdef » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:16 am

Hi all,

I am in need of some advice. I need to do some work to fix my leaking tap and figured now would be a good time to fit an isolation valve to the sink as I currently have to turn off the whole water supply to do any work.

I live in a fairly recent build and the tap is connected via flexi pipes and then to a plastic pipe. Ideally I wouldn't want to cut the pipes if possible and make use of existing fittings but all isolation valves seem to have compression fit and i think i would need a female to male connection (apologies if terminology is incorect).

I have attached an image to help, any advise would be great!

Screenshot_20200609-120243_Gallery_copy_367x655.jpg

Many thanks,

Ash
Arcdef
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi arcdef
The way the plastic has been connected to the flexibles look a bit Heath Robinson.
Suggest you buy a couple of isolating valves to fit in the plastic pipe but don't forget to fit inserts.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!