fittings to attach standard dishwasher door to cabinet door
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mbaettig
Labourer
Labourer

Post by mbaettig » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi I am building my own kitchen, but have standars white goods. I want to find sone way to attache the new cabinet doors to my dishwasher unit so it all pulls open in one. is ther such a product or does this only come with intergrated appliances???? I am in east london any help
If this is possible i would alos like to dio the same for my fridge...

hope someone can help...

thedoctor3
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by thedoctor3 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:00 pm

Not easy to do as most white goods are designed to finish flush with door fronts under a standard 600mm worktop. By battening the wall and bringing your worktop forward by 75mm, this will give you room to fit a standard hinge & door in front of your applience.

Johnc
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Johnc » Tue May 08, 2007 8:58 am

Remember to leave space for the hinges if you have a full door that opens downwards, i.e. a dishwasher. A 600mm wide space for a normal dishwasher wouldn't be enough as most appliances are around 600mm wide and would not get passed the hinges even if you made the space deeper. I gave ours an 800mm opening, and used 2 x 400mm doors. we did this and used the space for small metal racks either side which we put the dishwasher tablets and salt in.

You will also have to cut & attach the plinth to the doors as opening dishwasher down wouldnt work with a normal plinth, as it would be above the pivot of the hinge.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:57 am