Fix toilet flush unit with broken grey clip
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hardingmd
Labourer
Labourer

Fix toilet flush unit with broken grey clip

by hardingmd » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:56 am

Moved in recently and the toilet flush was a little weird but kept getting worse. Opened it up to see and the grey clip (bottom right of pic) is in place but the equivalent on the other side (bottom left of pic) had broken off and was not in the cistern either.

As a temporary fix, I put on a couple of elastic bands, but it needs a better fix. I've thought of more elastic bands, super glue, string or some kind of crocodile clip but none seem great. Obviously I could replace the whole unit but that seems overkill and I've never done anything like that before.

Suggestions? Probably something really simple that I can't even think of. I'm no DIY expert...
Attachments
01ea53ea76d2d82fd2672fef388cd8eb072ecdc562 (2).jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fix toilet flush unit with broken grey clip

by stoneyboy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi hardingmd
It's easier and cheaper in the long run just to replace the flush unit. It will come out if turned about 1/4 turn - there is no need to dismantle the cistern.
Regards S

hardingmd
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fix toilet flush unit with broken grey clip

by hardingmd » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:56 am

stoneyboy wrote:Hi hardingmd
It's easier and cheaper in the long run just to replace the flush unit. It will come out if turned about 1/4 turn - there is no need to dismantle the cistern.
Regards S

I have no real experience with plumbing for something like this so I'm not sure if I want to tackle that myself. My goal was really to apply a temporary patch for now and either do it myself later or potentially get a handyman around to do a few jobs that I'm not comfortable with.

If I did replace it, I'm not sure what I should buy or the steps to install it correctly.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 am