Fixing a TV Bracket for 32 Inch TV to a Breeze Block Wall
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
uncleslinky
Labourer
Labourer

Fixing a TV Bracket for 32 Inch TV to a Breeze Block Wall

Post by uncleslinky » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 am

Hi guys,

I'm interested in fitting a 32" TV to an internal garage wall. The TV weighs just over 10kg and I have found a suitable TV bracket however with the wall being breeze block I wondered if it would make any difference? The garage is an extension which I believe was build within the last 30 years. The breeze block appears to be the type which is quite bobbly with small craters (apologies for lack of technical terms)

I'm not sure if the bracket includes fittings, if they would be sufficient, or if I would need to buy alternate screws and plugs?

I'm a novice at this type of thing so if I do require anything else then links to exactly what I need would be greatly appreciated :D :D

Thanks

Mad110
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Fixing a TV Bracket for 32 Inch TV to a Breeze Block Wall

Post by Mad110 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Most brackets included a few decent fixings, but if in doubt do a test drill in a spot that won't be visible. Drill an 7mm hole 2 1/2" deep. Pop a brown plug in and a 2 1/2" no10 pan head screw, leave a bit of the screw sticking out, give it a tug with the claw hammer and see how it fares.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:31 am