Fixing a wooden post to a concrete one
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gordy
Labourer
Labourer

by Gordy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:36 pm

My neighbour has installed new fence panels and concrete posts along the boundary between our houses. At the bottom of the garden he has used an intermediate post as the last post. I need to somehow fix a wooden post to the side of this concrete post so I can then attach my fence panel to this i.e. the fence that runs along the bottom of my garden needs to somehow be atteched to the side of the concrete post. Any suggestions as to how to do this? I know concrete posts are not easy to drill into to fix it directly to the side of the concrete post, so is there another method to achieve this?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:33 am

A 4 x 2 inch timber can be plugged and screwed to the concrete post Gordy. See our fixing to masonry project. When drilling the concrete you need to start with the smallest drill bit you can get, say 4 or 5mm then enlarge it to the size you need for your wall plugs. Its easier to drill the concrete this way,.

Gordy
Labourer
Labourer

by Gordy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:54 pm

Many thanks for the reply. I have been told that concrete posts have steel ties embedded in them, so what size should I drill to ensure a solid fixing, but not hit any ties?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:40 pm