Fixing Curtain Pole to Plasterboard on Narrow Cavity
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Leaton
Labourer
Labourer

Fixing Curtain Pole to Plasterboard on Narrow Cavity

by Leaton » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:45 pm

I have read the other posts about plugs for fixing to plasterboard and was about to get some Self Drive metal plasterboard fixings. Fortunately I checked out my wall first by drilling a 2mm hole through the plasterboard which is 12.5mm thick. The problem I have is that there is only 12.5mm cavity behind the p/board before I hit 'concrete' or similar. The Self Drive fixings seem to start at around 30mm or more so they won't fit as there is only 25mm from the surface of the plasterboard to the concrete. The spacer battens/studs are not in useable locations.
Can anyone suggest another type of fixing please? The curtains and pole will be less than 10kg in total weight and there are 3 supporting brackets which need 3 screws each (arranged in a circle of 12.5mm diameter. The screws are 4mm diameter threads.
Help!

alfie_j
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Fixing Curtain Pole to Plasterboard on Narrow Cavity

by alfie_j » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:51 pm

Providing the pasterboard is securely fixed to the battens you could try spring toggle screws.

Leaton
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fixing Curtain Pole to Plasterboard on Narrow Cavity

by Leaton » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:20 am

Thanks for the suggestion but as far as I'm aware they need more a 12.5mm cavity to allow them to open out

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:27 pm