Fixing Flat Panel TV inside existing repro cabinet
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
salfy
Labourer
Labourer

Fixing Flat Panel TV inside existing repro cabinet

by salfy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:46 pm

I have a reproduction open backed TV cabinet currently housing an old CRT analogue television on a shelf. With the impending switch to digital, I am looking to fit a 26" flat panel television inside the cabinet.

Internal cabinet dimensions are 79cm wide x 55.5cm high and 38cm deep.
There are fillets of 5.5cm top and bottom and 5 cm each side giving a front viewing aperture of 68cm x 45.5cm.

All of the models I have seen so far are stand mounted or can be wall mounted.

The main issue is with the stand. The front projection of the stand would involve the screen being recessed too much inside the cabinet.

Access to the usually side mounted power button is also an issue since there would not be much space at the side of the TV panel - approx 1cm.

Tips on how to overcome these problems would be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation

sidspop
Labourer
Labourer

by sidspop » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi there.

If I am reading your post correctly, the new tv will fit inside the apature, but be too far back, due to the stand?

If it were me, I would simply remove the stand, (which is there to stop it falling over) and fit some timber battens around the back of the TV, at say 3" back. Obviously depends on depth of TV.

Then position new TV, and fit some more battens, of suitable size, on the front of TV, to locate it.

Careful use of countersunk screws, and woodstain should make it nearly invisible. You may have to lift the bottom of TV up, on blocks, hich will also aid airflow.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am