DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Fixing spots where outside render has fallen off

Postby sfjnet » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi - I have moved into a place that is partially rendered on the outside front wall. It looks like once upon a time some of the render came loose in a few patches of varying sizes (from about a 50p size to a few inches across). The previous owners repainted the render without filling the missing patches (they are about 1/8th of an inch deep I would say). Looks OK from a distance but when you get up close it's really noticable so I want to fill in the patches so the wall is smooth. I've never done this sort of thing before. Is there some pre-mixed plaster/render I can buy that would do the job? Also, I'm assuming I have to somehow sand the paint out of the patches I want to fill so the new render will hold - is this right, and is there anything else I should be conscious of? Thanks!
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 1:22 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics