Fixing tv bracket through plasterboard to blockwork
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deltrasoph
Labourer
Labourer

Fixing tv bracket through plasterboard to blockwork

by deltrasoph » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:11 am

I have a situation where I need to fix a tv bracket to hold a small tv in a childrens bedroom.
The fixing screws would go through 12mm plasterboard, then a gap of 40mm before hitting the blockwork. In total the length of screw should be 75mm i think, but how can i get the wallplug for the screw into the drilled hole behind to take the screw???

This is my first post here although i do browse often, so would be grateful of any help.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:08 pm

deltrasoph,
Once you have drilled the holes in the blockwork fit a wall plug on the end of a screw and carefully push it into the holes, once located hammer the screw which will force the plug into position, then tighten the screw.
end

gerryyy
Apprentice
Apprentice

tapcon screws

by gerryyy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:44 pm

You can buy tapcon screws, just drill a hole and then screw them in, no need for plug! i use 130mm screws for such jobs. Check whioch bit you will need for these. the screws i use require a hex 30 bit, which i always loose and bloody mare when go to use them. ...good luck

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 pm