fixing venisian blinds in the bathroom!
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Leeroy81
Labourer
Labourer

fixing venisian blinds in the bathroom!

Post by Leeroy81 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:17 pm

I have just bought my first house and all diy is new to me.
Im putting up venisian blinds in the bathroom the walls are tiled and i am wondering would a masonary drill bit do the job drilling into tiles and also
need to know wat kind of size drill bit u would normally use,and the things like wat size screws and fixings you need and how u would generally go about it... any ideas

thanks...

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:17 pm

For drilling tiles use a good quality masonry drill. Cheap ones may crack the tile or "skid" and scratch them. Use light pressure with no hammer action.

Generally, a 6mm drill with red rawl plugs will hang pretty much everything in a bathroom but make sure you push the plug through the tile into the wall beneath. If you leave the plug level with the surface of the tile, when you screw into it, it expands and very likely will crack the tile.

Remember, many bathroom walls are stud (hollow) walls and normal rawl plugs will not work. You will need a cavity fixing. Which one? Well, that depends on what you are fixing and what type of cavity it is.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:53 am