flat roof construction
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
aircooled
Labourer
Labourer

flat roof construction

by aircooled » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:11 pm

hi thank you firstly for taking time to read this, its appreciated.
i am currently donig a postgraduate project and have to design the construction of a 10storey office block
i have decided the roof is to be flat as space is required for plant rooms but am having trouble finding a structure of a flat roof i.e. how to it will be constructed and wwhich steel members will be used...also the nest method of ensuring it is waterproof and fire resistant...is bitumen covering a good method??
im sorry if i sound abit daft but am struggling at the mo and dont really have a clue

cheers and thanks in advance for any help

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:11 am

Well beyond the remit of the DIY Forum really but we will leave the post to see if there are any engineers out there who can respond.

biggles111
Apprentice
Apprentice

Flat roof Construction

by biggles111 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:16 pm

Sorry can't help you with the type of beams required at this level of construction but I would not reccommend a bitumen system on a new build .
There are many new membrane systems available now. Every thing from fiberglass and resin mixes to bonded rubber sheets.
Try somewhere like the NFRC (National Federation of Roofing Contractors) for more info on systems that are currently available and suited best to your project.
Sealoflex , Firestone , Kemperol These are some of the main players in the manufacture of these systems .

Gryfiss
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Gryfiss » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:03 pm

Would try Sarnafil. Give there local technical adviser a call and he would be happy to give you technical help with the roof construction and provide you with a full roof specification. Look on the internet for there website.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm