DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Flexible metal cable?

Postby deMute » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm looking for flexible metal cable similar to that used in this product:

Google ""

The cable has a flexible metal sleeve which can be manipulated into whatever shape you want and holds its shape.
Can anyone tell me what this cable is called? I've been searching online for days and I haven't found anything simila

Any help would be appreciated!

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:28 pm


Simply Build It

Postby acsimpson » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:08 am

Chances are that it is a 2 core flex which runs through a metal sleeve rather than a metal cable. I don't know where you'd get it from but knowing this may help.

you could try googling flexible conduit or similar things.
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Postby rosebery » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:12 am

You could try contacting the manufacturer.

Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Postby theelegantman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:32 am

Yes, this little LED book lamp looks like a great idea, but if you're looking to do something similar, you'll need something like this Google " " . This manufacturer makes a flexible hollow, repositionable 'arm' of varying lengths and gauges. You find their product in many applications including lighting and camera mounts.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics