Flooded: Rainwater gully under conservatory floor
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Daniel
Labourer
Labourer

Flooded: Rainwater gully under conservatory floor

by Daniel » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Over the heavy rain period my conservatory flooded :( . So i ripped up the floor to find an open rainwater gully/drain under the flooring full of mud. So i cleared it out and i am now unsure of what to do next. I have only been in my house for 7 months and the previous owner did alot of botched DIY jobs :shock: .

The conservatory floor is a concrete base. The downpiping from the guttering now goes down the the left hand side of the rear of the house into a pipe cemented into the concrete base. This pipe then feeds the rainwater down into the concrete base and along underneath to the middle of the floor where the old rainwater gully/drain is situated. I am not sure what to do to prevent the flooding happening again.

My first thought was to cut the pipe before it disappears into the concrete base and put in a grid there to stop any gutter debrise blocking the gully/drain. and then concrete over the old hole but i am not sure if ths would be ideal. Any ideas...or can soemone suggest the type of contractor I shoud call out to do a job like this if i can't handle it?

Thanks

Dan

Daniel
Labourer
Labourer

Anyone got any advice?

by Daniel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:31 am

I can see this is getting viewed...has no one got any pearls of wisdom to pass my way? or is my explanation not very clear?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:48 am

Probably best to get someone to have a look at what could be done. Possibly fit a new gully outside the conservatory and get rid of the old one.

It probably only flooded your conservatory because it was blocked with mud etc.

if its kept clear the water should flow freely

Daniel
Labourer
Labourer

by Daniel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:57 am

Thanks. The thought did cross my mind. its the getting rid of the old gully that i am not sure where to even begin on.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:00 pm