Floor damp proofing
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
goose
Tradesman
Tradesman

Floor damp proofing

by goose » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm working on my house and removed some skirting by the front door, the cavity was blocked so took the bricks out and cleaned out as best I could.

The floor in the area is cracked and loose (the top screed, about 12mm thick) so I have had to remove some of it. (Its backed with bitumenous paper.) The floor itself doesnt appear to be damp, I've put some plastic down to test for moisture. I'm having a woodern threashold strip and new uPVC door fitted very soon so need to repair floor, but dont want damp to come up and affect the wood or any future floor covering.

[b]1. there is a smal gap (filled with earthyish stuff) around 1cm wide but several deep between the concrete floor base and the wall - should I fill it? and if so what with? and where can I buy from?

2. I've bought some liquid DPM from wickes to paint on, would this be ok to use under a 11 or 12mm thick screed?[/b] - I hope so!

thanks in advance.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

damp floor

by welsh brickie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:45 pm

have you considered ashpalt you would have to call a firm for a quote as its 12mm its a bit akward to fill unless you lay a self leveling compound
but at 12mm I am pretty sure it would crack.
but ashpalt can be laid that thick and is totally waterproof.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:23 pm