Floor Screed Bubbling
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ammernails
Labourer
Labourer

Floor Screed Bubbling

by ammernails » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi, wondered if anyone has had a similar issue.

We had Karndean flooring installed in our conservatory and everything was OK for 18 months or so then we started to notice it was bubbling in parts. The bubbles were solid and the Karndean tiles were started to split at the seams.

We contacted the flooring contractor who came and said it was damp from under the screeding. He used some kind of meter to do this.

I then contacted the conservatory installer who came and had a look and he said he couldn’t see it being damp. He even went as far as lifting one of the Karndean tiles which exposed a large very hard screed bubble. He managed to chip into the bubble which left a large gap between the screed and the concrete. At this point he pointed out that the concrete was dry and it couldn’t be damp.

I'm now at a loss who to believe. Are there any flooring guys who can help?

P.S Mods. If this is the wrong forum for this kind of issue I apologise and would be grateful if you could point be in the right direction.

sscreed11
Labourer
Labourer

floor screed

by sscreed11 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 pm

ammernails

Can you tell me what sort of screed was placed prior to laying of the tiles ie: flowing self leveling screed or dry mix (sand cemennt) and also do you recall if there was any sort of foil backed insulation used, once we have all this info i will be able to advise as to what has happned and see if we can get you a result....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:46 pm