Fluctuations in mains pressure, or shower on its way out?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
majdnem
Labourer
Labourer

Fluctuations in mains pressure, or shower on its way out?

by majdnem » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi
I have a mains fed Triton Opal 9.5kw electric shower. It is 8 years old (fitted July 2000).
It had worked perfectly until recently when it started behaving erratically – working ok for a few seconds, then switching to low pressure and going cold. :O( Strange thing is it only does this in the mornings and seems fine in the afternoons. Am I right in thinking that this must be down to mains pressure? It seemed to coincide with the combi-boiler being on for the central heating, but as the shower is mains fed I don’t see how the two could be connected…?
Is it perhaps just that the shower on its way out? Is this how electric showers behave when they are getting a bit ropey?
I’m a bit wary of just going ahead and replacing it only to find that it is a problem with mains pressure and not a problem with the shower at all. Does mains pressure drop in the morning when everyone is having showers and filling kettles?
Any advice appreciated!
Cheers
George

simpleton
Tradesman
Tradesman

by simpleton » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:18 pm

It wont make any difference whether you heating on or not. Check mains pressure at kitchen tap, if its fine then you have a shower problem

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 pm