Flue terminal
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pittville
Labourer
Labourer

Flue terminal

by pittville » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:43 pm

As a man not now doing gas work, due to the fact that after 35 years of working in the gas industry, my registration was taken away because i refused to pay Corge rip off fees....As i don,t install combi boilers anymore,im looking for some advice regarding an unknown combi boiler.
You may recognise it from my little description.. Im only concerned because it is my neighbours boiler and i don.t want to look a prat if i have got things wrong....The problem i think is the exhaust part of the flue, it as got a distinct angle on that is pointing into the sky, I would think that it should be pointing downwards so as to stop water entering the exhaust.. By pointing skywards it will catch rainwater this in turn will get into the boiler, this will give it a very short shelf life... This was a problem when installers used to install combi boilers and never put that slight downward slope on the flue terminal. Im sure theres someone out there who as fitted one of these boilers, the flu terminal is all black, it is a current boiler ie condensing boiler.. Would appreciate a reply on this before i mention anything to my neighbour... Many thanks Dave

telboy
Labourer
Labourer

Flue pointing skywards

by telboy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:58 pm

You said that the boiler was a condensing type,well mate these should point SLIGHTLY upwards to allow the condensing fluid to drain back into the boiler and be got rid of via the condensate drain,having said that the angle shouldn't be too steep.
Quick warning though even though you are doing a job for a neighbour you still have to be Corgi registered,so watch your self.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1