Foot through ceiling !!!!!!!!!
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
craigybaby
Labourer
Labourer

Foot through ceiling !!!!!!!!!

by craigybaby » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:49 am

Hi Folks,

did the old classic of slipping and putting my foot through the ceiling while doing the loft insulation !! Frank Spencer eat your heart out.
Doesn't look too tricky to repair myself, but would appreciate a step by step guide of what I need to do to repair it please including materials required. (I'm guessing I just need some plasterboard and nails, do places like B&Q sell the correct type of plasterboard?) It looks like a clean break (not my leg) in between two ceiling joists and only about 2 foot long.

Thanks for any help.
Craig

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:13 pm

PLEASE see the diyprojects section, repairing holes in plasterboard etc

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Cut a neat hole between joist, i'd suggest putting some timber bridging between joists across the other edges of board, so some support can be offered to repair and prevent sagging this should also be screwed to original ceiling board. Board thickness for ceilings is common at 12.5mm. Please screw boards up using plasterboard dry-wall screws. (do not nail it). The joints then need to be taped using nylon self adhesive scrim, prior to doing this remove about 40mm of plaster around the edge of ceiling board where joints so scrim with overlap joint and will lay flat on board edges, then apply two coats of finish plaster.
KB

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 pm