For Damp or mould proofing a Closet, can i use lining paper?.
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
elakkiya
Labourer
Labourer

For Damp or mould proofing a Closet, can i use lining paper?.

by elakkiya » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 pm

I have a closet. I am planning to put some shelf up. There are signs of mould or damp(not sure which one it is, but there is no water leak), possibly due to old cement. wall and condensation inside house. Before I paint the closet, should i add a lining paper to prevent mould reappearing?. When I add a lining paper, will it prevent mould from reappearing ?. Or will it simply hide the mould and mould will be present inside the lining paper?.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: For Damp or mould proofing a Closet, can i use lining paper?.

by stoneyboy » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:25 pm

Hi elakkiya
The lining paper will disguise the mould for a short while, the mould will still keep spreading under the paper eventually appearing on the surface. The lining paper will not remain stuck in place.
Regards S

DIY_Guy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: For Damp or mould proofing a Closet, can i use lining paper?.

by DIY_Guy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:42 am

If there is no structural cause of damp/mould (which I highly doubt in a closet) then it will purely be due to high humidity levels. Get a humidistat (they are cheap), if your room(s) are not between 50-55% RH then you are high risk to damp and mould. A well ventilated house will never suffer from damp and mould issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm