Foundation problem/query
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
markfrost
Labourer
Labourer

Foundation problem/query

by markfrost » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 am

Hi

I have started to dig the foundations for my extension, and have found that the foundations for my house pertrude away from the house about 6", for the full width of the house (approx 5m). Not only this but it seems that the house is built on trench fill foundations whereas my designer specifed that the extension should be built on deep strip foundations.

I am after a little bit of advice on:
1) If my house is on trench fill foundations does this mean that my extension will also need to be on trench fill foundations?
2) If I do need trench fill foundations then will I have to take the house foundation back to the house, or key into the house foundations in some way?
3) If I continue with deep strip foundations then what do I need to do to tie it to the current foundations?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:54 am

Hi

Have you had a chance to have a look at the DIY Projects section: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm of DIY Doctor as there are a couple of projects on foundations (Foundations and Conservatory Foundations) that may be of some help to you.

Regards

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:56 pm