French Patio Door Install in Wimpey no Fines House
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Pinchers
Labourer
Labourer

French Patio Door Install in Wimpey no Fines House

Post by Pinchers » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Im in the process of getting a set of old aluminium frame sliding doors removed and some french doors installed in a no-fines house and im a little concerned about the install, at present im waiting for the installer to return and fit glass inplace of the solid panels the doors were delivered with and for the trim to be finished of trim. (Installed Thursday returning Monday)

Ive listed the points im not happy with below and wanted to know if im going overboard with my moans before i speak to the installer, at present i feel the door should be taken out and reinstalled to a better standard.

1. No fixings in the side frame of the doors, only top and bottom (possibly due to the gap at the sides)
2. Original old piece of crumbling wood at top of door frame which is not secured to the concrete above, door is secured to the wood and wood /door frame can flex when pushed.
3. Gaps at both sides of doors filled with expanding foam (gap size possibly big enough to get a finger through)
4. From the inside i can currently see light through the top corners of the frame with a draft, also can see part of the rotten wood.
5. Plinth/ step has been fitted ontop of some plywood sitting on the brickwork with some wedges, plinth is secure, worried the wood will rot with time, should this not be cement.
6. Due to the uneven / rough opening at the sides & top externally (they used to be boxed out with a protruding wooden frame, installer has advised i need it rendered upto frame to fill gaps, this would also seal in rotten wood if not replaced.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:31 am