Furnishing Advice for One room Living Space
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
decflynn
Labourer
Labourer

Furnishing Advice for One room Living Space

by decflynn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:54 pm

I have just moved into a small barn conversion with my girlfriend on the end of her parents house. She runs an equine business from home and I am training to be a farrier so it is unlikely that we will ever move away.

I'm asking for advice on how to make the most of living in one room that is fairly small. I would like help with things like what would make the room seem larger, what furniture would be best ect. It is a very old lovely building and the walls are white with darkened beams running through (linseed oil).

Thanks in advance,
Dec.

CharlineCaisse
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Furnishing Advice for One room Living Space

by CharlineCaisse » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:06 am

decflynn wrote:I have just moved into a small barn conversion with my girlfriend on the end of her parents house. She runs an equine business from home and I am training to be a farrier so it is unlikely that we will ever move away.

I'm asking for advice on how to make the most of living in one room that is fairly small. I would like help with things like what would make the room seem larger, what furniture would be best ect. It is a very old lovely building and the walls are white with darkened beams running through (linseed oil).

Thanks in advance,
Dec.

Are you a flat pack lover? I just wrote an piece of advice how I love to do my interiors. If you are a fan of furniture hacks you could really put to use your small place to the fullest, i.e. seats acting as storage units, benches doing the same, adding some high shelving, it really depends on what you want to use the room for actually. I am actually a bit of a hoarder and I like to keep stuff around... :D

*emma*
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Furnishing Advice for One room Living Space

by *emma* » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi Dec.

Can you give the dmensions of the room and some more description of it. A photo would also be great. Some idea of a budget to work with would also be useful.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:59 pm