DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Fused connection unit with surface outlet?

Postby bb700 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Have they stopped making fused connection units with a surface outlet ( hole on cover plate).
All the main manufacterers M.K ; Crabtree ; Volex etc don`t seem to make them anymore.
The units on sale have the exit at the lower edge . They may be out there but I can`t find them.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 pm


Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:36 pm


GO to your nearest electrical wholesaler and enquire there

Rank: Site Agent
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:57 pm

Postby ericmark » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Product Code: 53697 metal Clad. Product Code: 90829 with RCD. I think you will find it with Grid switch range but becomes more expensive.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2659
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Llanfair Caereinion, Mid Wales.

Postby seank » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:30 am

I recently had cause to replace a 20amp non-fused unit with the flex outlet on the actual facia face plate. Again as with yourself my local store didn't stock these :(

A little search on Ebay I found some fused 13 amp outlets, which I believe is what you are looking for too.

Google ""
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:24 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics