Gainsborough 9.5 delux
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kully
Labourer
Labourer

Gainsborough 9.5 delux

by Kully » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi I have a problem with my Gainsborough shower on the cold setting the pressure is fine however when i increase to a warmer setting the presssure drops dramicticly. (just a dribble)

It has been working fine previously!

Can any one help!! Thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Electric showers control the water temp by increasing or decreasing the flow of water over the element. All electric showers can be turned to a point where the water is almost a dribble but you could not use it as a shower because apart from the flow, the water would be too hot.

If you have a good flow of water when the knob is turned to cold, but cannot get a good temp without reducing the flow to just a dribble suggests one of the heating elements is not working.

If you have a half power and full power control button, see how the different settings alter the temp.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:14 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:06 pm