DIY Doctor

Gaps between floor boards

Postby duncanshaw » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:16 pm

I have just recently moved into an old property, which is on the ground floor.

I am looking to fill the gaps between floor boards in my bathroom (hence any product would need to be waterproof), at largest the gaps are 10mm.

Is there any product I can buy which will allow me to do this?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Either relay the floorboards or cover it with laminate.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby garethhartwell » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:51 am


I also have gaps between floorboards, although I think that the biggest ones are 4-5mm rather than 10mm. Some of them are filled with something which looks a bit like cork but looks as though it was liquid before it set. Others appear to be filled wih some sort of twine.

However, my problem is that I have other floorboards which still have unfilled gaps and I don't know where to find either of these or anything similar. Help appreciated!

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:42 am

Postby Tall Tone » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:07 pm

Try a product called Bona Gap Master. It comes in a range of wood colours and will fill gaps upto about 5mm.

Its a bit like a silicone sealant but importantly it is "Silicone Free". This means you can lacquer over it when it is dry.

Tall Tone
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:35 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics