Gaps in Ceiling Tape in New build house
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HelpDIY?
Labourer
Labourer

Gaps in Ceiling Tape in New build house

Post by HelpDIY? » Fri May 11, 2007 1:13 pm

I have a new build house(3yrs old) where the builders have used ceiling tape. Although the ceiling tape is NOT coming away, there are definite "gaps/cracks" where the tapes are. What is the recommended process to fill this in? When I had my 6month shrinkage check up - they re-plastered these areas - but I wondered if I could use some filler? If so, what is the recommended one?
Thanks

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Fri May 11, 2007 4:32 pm

The most flexible filler is the decoartors caulk or "filler in a tube" in our filling cracks around the house project . You will neeed the applicator gun also. Its easy to apply and when puished into the gaps actually moves as they expand and contract so will last much longer than a rigid filler.

HelpDIY?
Labourer
Labourer

Post by HelpDIY? » Mon May 14, 2007 9:07 am

Thanks for the reply.
What if the ceiling tape is coming away? Do I glue it back? and if so with what? or can I apply some plaster or filler to go over the top? I have a friend who had exactly the same problem, and they tried to pull the tape off completely and made the situation much worse!!

Thanks!

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Mon May 14, 2007 10:22 am

The tape is usually applied at the same time as the plaster and the best bet here would be to use a little of the flexible filler, spread out a bit, to stick the tape back down, then plaster over it.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:08 am