DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Garden building footings and mixing by hand or mixer

Postby Grumps » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:21 am

We are building a salon for the wife at the bottom of the garden. While we have good side access, there's no way of getting a cement wagon to reach the footings as it's a fair-sized garden. She wants a 10m x 5m building which I will have to mix the concrete by hand/mixer.

Given the volume required, is this doable? I used to be a groundworker many, MANY moons ago and never had to mix the stuff by hand. I'm just worried about early pours going off and new stuff not bonding as time ticks away.

I know some concrete companies have pipes on booms to pump the stuff to the desired location, but is there a thing where they can pump along the ground if the booms are too short for the job?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Grumps
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:10 pm

Hi grumps,
A ground line concrete pump should do what you want, I think they can have pipes up to 150m long. suggest you get hold of local firms and see what they can do.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!