Garden Lights ELV powered via Light Switch
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bren1971
Labourer
Labourer

Garden Lights ELV powered via Light Switch

by bren1971 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:51 pm

I'm installing some ELV garden lights and would be grateful for some advice on connecting up.
I'd like to control them from a spare light switch (the 2nd switch controls the exterior wall lights) just inside the back door as I have a cable already in place from an extension previously. The switch is currently wired brown (live) in/out of switch 1, the neutral is isolated in a block and the earth is connected to the backbox terminal. Considering I am trying to run low voltage lighting (6 x 3v) how should I wire switch 2, should I connect live/neutral and earth and similar to the outside socket? For info there[![enter image description here][1]][1] is a plugged adaptor with the garden lights and outdoor socket will be IP66 rated.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Bren

[1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/C6XcK.jpg

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Garden Lights ELV powered via Light Switch

by Mr White » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:53 am

Since your lights are powered by a plug in power supply, I would suggest you buy a remote controlled plug in socket, plug that in, and plug your lighting power supply into the remote controlled socket. The reason being the set up you currently have looks unsafe.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:24 pm