DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Garden Shed

Postby Joyce Cahill » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 am

I am transforming a garden shed in to a playroom for my grandchildren. In one corner some of the wood has rotted (about 10" square). Is there any form of sealant that I can use to pour into this area to harden the timber and stop the rot before I fill the hole with filler.
Joyce Cahill
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Joyce Cahill,
Ask for wood hardener at your local DIY store, they should supply you with a tin of clear, highly flammable liquid which will strenghen the rotten timber.
If you want to stop the rot you will have to use a liquid with nasty chemicals in it - I would not recommend it for a playroom.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5514
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby rosebery » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Yes - wood hardener!

Chop out as much rotten wood as possi first though.

Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics