gas central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
svetlana
Labourer
Labourer

gas central heating

by svetlana » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:10 am

hi, we just bought new house which has old conventional heating system (gas) and am not happy with it - the water pressure is very low and it is difficult to set up water temperature also water temperature is changing when you are taking the shower . And there is problem with our boiler there is not ignision when it starts working- but when you swith it off and then on second time-it works.
how could we sort that problem?
and how much would it cost if we would decide to change our heating system to combi boiler heating system
thank you

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:20 pm

Boiler make and model ???
There's many out there, all work differently. Impossible to diagnose faults without more information.

I'm guessing the shower is electric ? nothing to do with the central heating.

Boiler not that old if it has electronic ignition and not a pilot

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Get someone in to look at it and tell you what's wrong (if anything).

Get at least three peeps to quote for repair (if required) or replacement.

No alternative. Your data is insufficient to even guess. Price indications/guesswork on an unseen basis are folly for both those who give and those who receive.

Cheers!

svetlana
Labourer
Labourer

by svetlana » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:16 pm

hi. thats me again,
boiler model is baxi solo 2 40 pf
and i'm really worried about it, as i told you it when it starts- it works, but there is no fire so you can feel gas smell. we will call someone to look at it, but just wanted to know what to wait for.
we have only one bathroom where you can find 2 useles showers- one is simple with low pressure and changing water temperature and one is electric with even lower pressure. maby we just need new pump?

do you think it worth to change our heating system to combi or try to repare old one?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:18 pm

If you can smell gas it is dangerous, 0800 111 999.

They will make safe the gas installation (cap it off) you need to get a CORGI registered installer out ASAP.

A DIY forum, really isn't the place to be looking.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:52 pm

and it's a free call and they are there 24 hours a day. If you can smell gas ring it NOW. Please.

Cheers

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1