DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Gas cooker advice

Postby R.Hilleary » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:11 pm

I have been given a (new) small 2 burner gas cooker made by W.H.Dean & Son Ltd of Burnley,Lancs.
There is the word "Cat 1" on the left hand side of the label and below, a large letter "L". To its right is a vertical line and the words "Eastham Maxol BG1/5".
There is a threaded pipe on the left side, inside the main box of the cooker, pointing downwards but there is no further pipe onto which gas might be connected and I cannot see how to make this work?
Should this use Camping Gas or Calor?

Ruaraidh Hilleary
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:51 pm


Simply Build It

Postby rosebery » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Are you sure its BG1/5?

The BG21 is for use on a boat and the BG45 for use in a caravan. The 45 is LPG.

I'd suggest you contact Burco Dean in Burnley.

Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2022
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics