DIY Doctor

Gas Cooker which size

Postby Fraggle » Wed May 02, 2007 2:30 pm

Hi all

I'm new so but hoping you can help!

I currently have an eletric cooker and gas hob, I want to replace this with a free standing gas cooker. The electric oven is 60cm in width there isn't that much space either side so I am wanting to know whether I can order 60cm wide cooker or with have to have something smaller?

Are there any regulations which state what is correct?

I am looking at purchasing a 60cm but the company want a 2cm gap each side and another diy store want a 7cm bit confused really

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 2:21 pm


Simply Build It

Postby jondeau » Mon May 07, 2007 10:53 am

I think you will have to go along with the makers requirements. If they say it needs a space then no gas fitter is going to fit it unless it has just that.

Sadly gas cookers are made a lot flimsier than they used to be, and heat from the oven may cause damage to kitchen units.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 10:41 am

Postby knight_eo » Wed May 09, 2007 9:29 pm

most cookers have 4 basic sizes thats 500mm, 535 mostly cannon, 550 and 600 ,with a 20mm airing space at the sides
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics