Gas FIre (pebble) and hot box problems.
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hippomania
Labourer
Labourer

Gas FIre (pebble) and hot box problems.

Post by hippomania » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:50 pm

Can anyone please help.
I have just had a new gas fire fitted when i use it the flames are hittng the ribbs on the hot box and causing bright red glow which is taking away the look of the fire. The gas fire is a pbble affect and hot box is a deep ribbed design.
We have had the installer back out and he moved around the pebbles a few times and said there was nothing he could do.Also spoke to the shop and told not to have the fire too high.
is there anything that can be done or has anyone heard of thios before.
any advice will be welcomed
thanks
Ian

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Check the pebbles - they have to be in a certain way to burn correctly. The flames should look even, and there should be no soot forming. As for keep the fire on low - why would they have the high setting ???

If they are in properly. Cut out the middle man and get the manufacturers out. Have had this before and the manufacturers replaced the fire.

Htg

hippomania
Labourer
Labourer

Post by hippomania » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:46 am

THanks.
There is soot all over the pebles and the fire box nd have only had it on twice to try it.
The pebles were put in correctly by the installer (I think) may take them all out and reposition them to the manuals recomendations.
other than that i have a £1000 fire and surround which looks good but cannot be used.
any other ideas please letr me know
Thanks again

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Re-postioning the coals as per the manufacturers instructions will make sure the flame are evenly distributed and it should burn correctly.

If the manufacturers were called out and the coals were incorrectly placed - you could be charged for the callout.

If the coals are in the correct place and you still have problems, before calling the manufacturers out - get another CORGI engineer out. It may not be the fire at fault, you will have to establish the fire has been fitted correctly, the flue and catchment area are correct and there's adequate ventilation (if required)

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:51 am