DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Gas hob replacement with electric induction hob

Postby RCW600 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:33 am

This is a kind of combined gas and electrical question: I have a gas hob and want to replace it with an electric induction hob. I'm assuming the gas hob can only be disconnected by a Gas Safe registered person, so does that mean I'll need to get that person in first to disconnect/remove the old one and then get an electrician to fit the new one, or are there people out there who can legally do both? Thanks.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:27 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Hi rcw600,
Yes there are tradespeople around who can do both but the will expect to find a suitable electric connection point for the hob. Most major retailers will offer a remove and replace service but again they will expect a local connection point.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 6308
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics