Gas leak or not with second hand gas range cooker
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hobbit1952
Labourer
Labourer

Gas leak or not with second hand gas range cooker

by hobbit1952 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:26 am

Hi, I brought a secondhand gas range cooker. It had quick release fitting on it so I turned gas supply off and plugged it in (when I brought it I saw it working ok). Turned gas on and all rings and ovens worked fine. Just to be on the safe side I turned gas supply off and went and brought a tpi 725l gas leak detector just to double check connection and hose was ok. Came home turned supply back on and went all round cooker and connection with detector and all was fine no leaking gas registered. Turned everything on and let it burn for 30 minutes and then doubled check with detector again. This time detector was bleeping quite fast which spooked me, all the flames were nice blue so turned supply off immediately. Checked with tester again and all was fine. However havnt turned cooker on since. I did notice that the detector would bleep quickly when I had my cigarette near it so now im wondering if detector is picking up other things other than gas.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Gas leak or not with second hand gas range cooker

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:39 pm

Hi hobbit1952
It’s really time to get either the cookers manufacturers service agent or a gas safe person in.
Regards S

hobbit1952
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Gas leak or not with second hand gas range cooker

by hobbit1952 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:22 am

Ok thanks for that, will get gas engineer in. Plus a bit disappointed with detector as well because if its bleeping next to a lighted cigarette its obviously picking up other fumes which is not what it says on the packet, so misleading.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:06 am