Gas Oven- Grill & hob work but the oven has stopped work
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Havana08
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gas Oven- Grill & hob work but the oven has stopped work

by Havana08 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi all,

Just seeking some opinions concerning the above. I have no intention of attempting to fix this myself but would like to know if you think its possible to have the fault fixed by a corgi plumber before I pay for a call out.

I have an old & up till now very reliable Parkinson Cowan 7000 gas cooker mains ingition. Both the eye level grill & hobs work fine. The main oven just stopped working and does not appear to be letting gas through but the iginition spark is firing. Everthing is clean and looks connected but it doesn't work. Any idea's and do you think it can be repaired. Thanks Baffled, Havana08.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 am

Hi Havana,

Could be a few things-- get an RGI in to sort it.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:24 pm

What's the cooker worth ?

Is it worth paying for a repair - or a call-out to be told it cannot be repaired ?

As said in the other post - it could be a number of things causing the problem.

At the end of th day it's your call.

htg

Havana08
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gas Cooker- Grill & Hob work

by Havana08 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi again,

Many thanks for your prompt replies. I live in a flat and only just found out about these new regulations concerning gas cookers. I ideally would wish to replace my eye level grill cooker with a similar design.

I have checked Comet/Curry's etc & it appears that these are NOW not allowed to be installed in flats.

I now wonder if fitters are allowed to repair old style cookers???

Thanks. Havana08

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 am