Gas pipe sleeving question
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
beamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gas pipe sleeving question

Post by beamer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:25 pm

Since I did not receive a reply within another thread. I have started one specific to my question.

Can any qualified corgi technician advise me if a gas pipe needs to be sleeved when passed through an internal breeze block wall?

If the answer is YES, can you please advise what is achieved by sleeving the pipe internally?

The reason I ask is that I have two corgi technicians advising with different answers!

Is there an online corgi set of regulations I can refer to?

Thanks for any advice.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:56 am

Hi Beamer,

Yes, it has to be sleeved and sealed at one end (internally)this is to prevent any gas filling a brickwork cavity with gas in the event of a gas escape on THAT pipe.So if it leaks it cannot get into your property but vents to outside.

Hth

beamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beamer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:22 pm

[quote="Steve the gas"]Hi Beamer,

Yes, it has to be sleeved and sealed at one end (internally)this is to prevent any gas filling a brickwork cavity with gas in the event of a gas escape on THAT pipe.So if it leaks it cannot get into your property but vents to outside.

Hth[/quote]

Steve: Sorry I did not provide enough information. The pipework is internal, running from the kitchen to the utility through a breeze block wall.

Does it still need to be sleeved?

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

Post by AdamsHeating » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:58 pm

As well as that it also provides a buffer zone around the pipe should there be any movement in the wall that may cause the gas pipe to break.

beamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beamer » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:14 am

[quote="AdamsHeating"]As well as that it also provides a buffer zone around the pipe should there be any movement in the wall that may cause the gas pipe to break.[/quote]

That seems reason enough. Thank you for the insight.

Regards
Beamer

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:02 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:49 am