DIY Doctor

Gas Stove Supply Line for new Gas Stove

Postby jojo905 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:44 pm

Hello, I would like to replace the stove in my kitchen with a gas one. However, I'm not sure whether there is a gas supply for the stove. I've attached a picture of whats behind my oven/underneath my stove - is that big screw on the wall a gas supply cap? Appreciate the time you took to read this and help!
Attachments
83261578_395186171328292_2552394039177510912_n.jpg
jojo905

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby aethelwulf » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:24 pm

From your picture I cannot see a big plug. But normally a gas pipe would be sealed with a threaded plug with a square end , which would be proud, or a cap which would be neater but the threads on the outside of the pipe not the inside. A kitchen of an older house would normally have expected to have a gas point, assuming your house has gas, and that would be usually in a corner. You could unscrew the plug and gas will be apparent so be ready to put it back smartly. Keep plenty of fresh air and no lighted matches etc. It is handy to have cookers on a flexible hose which is plugged into a wall socket. This socket will screw into the gas supply, hopefully where the 'plug' is now. Although I have safely ( so far ) messed with gas in my house for years I obviously have to recommend anyone to seek professional assistance . I recall a house being blown up a few years ago not many miles for me!
aethelwulf
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!