Gas Supply and Gas Meter Issue When Running 2 Boilers
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Masterpop
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gas Supply and Gas Meter Issue When Running 2 Boilers

by Masterpop » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help answer some questions please.
In our house we have two boilers : a 37kw and a 30kw.
The max flow rate required for the two is 4.1 and 3.24 m^3/h.

this exceeds the meters limit of 6m^3/h.

What options do I have resolve?

I have been told that a G6 meter can go up to 64kw total. So one option is to downgrade the 30kw boiler to 25kw. However, the flow requirement is still more than 6m^3/h. So how does that work?

Is it possible to change to a different G6 meter with a qmax of 10m^3/h. Would that solve my issue?

I am in the process of getting a GT1 test done to establish what the current pipes to the house are capable of supplying.

Incidentally the 30kw should never have been installed but that is done and due to unforeseen circumstances, are now in a position where I have to deal with it.

Any suggestions/explanations on how this all works would be greatly appreciated.

The energy company is saying that I may need to upgrade to a U16 meter which may require new pipes from the streets. This seems overkill to me, so I am looking for a sensible solution....

I have noticed meters being designed with a U6 or a G6, is there a difference?

IloatheBG
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Gas Supply and Gas Meter Issue When Running 2 Boilers

by IloatheBG » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Are either or both of the boilers combination boiers? If so, you appy a diversity factor of 0.8 to the combis. then recalculate

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:15 am