Getting central heating bits to talk to each other.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Getting central heating bits to talk to each other.

by ericmark » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:09 pm

My computer can read info and send info to both the wall thermostat (Nest Gen3) and the TRV heads (Energenie MiHome) but they don't talk to each other.

I want if the current temperature is below target temperature on any of the 4 TRV head I want the wall thermostat to tell the boiler to run.

i.e. If this then that.

I know the Energenie are IFTTT enabled, not sure about Nest Gen 3, using simple off/on not Opentherm as an oil boiler.

JimmyO
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Getting central heating bits to talk to each other.

by JimmyO » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:14 pm

It appears Nest is focussing on Google assistant which is their gateway to other connectivity. I just tried looking at the "Works with Nest" option and there is nothing there. For you to even see if google assistance or google home can support your devices, you need to ensure you have a google log-in for you Nest device. It can be easy to do with "Migrate to Google" option but sometimes it may mean that you have to reset your device to factory setting and setup your Nest with a google account

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Getting central heating bits to talk to each other.

by ericmark » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:45 am

My Nest Mini is like a mischievous little boy, it works well to help spell words, and play music, but when we had it connected to the energenie myhome it would announce turning off 5 switches and turn off the lights.

Then say it didn't know how to turn them back on again.

So not sure I want to let it loose with the central heating?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1