ghost flush
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
frank pope
Apprentice
Apprentice

ghost flush

Post by frank pope » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:29 pm

I have a Roca dual flush, close coupled toilet cystern which appears to be letting by in the form of ghost flushing into the bowl. After flushing the inlet valve opens but along with the water there are air bubbles emanating from the bottom of the inlet, and the water flows into the bowl as fast as it enters the cystern resulting in a continuous flow and no flush volume. I can fill the cystern using a shower head and all is well until the next flush, but my guests aren't too impressed with this procedure????? Some people are just too picky.....
Any guidance would be very welcome.
frank.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: ghost flush

Post by plumbbob » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:47 pm

frank pope wrote: letting by in the form of ghost flushing into the bowl.

Sorry, not sure I understand what you mean?

frank pope wrote:After flushing the inlet valve opens but along with the water there are air bubbles emanating from the bottom of the inlet,

Which is probably perfectly normal.

frank pope wrote: and the water flows into the bowl as fast as it enters the cystern resulting in a continuous flow and no flush volume.

You mean the toilet continually flushes without stopping??

frank pope wrote: I can fill the cystern using a shower head and all is well until the next flush,

Now just thinking I've got to grips with your problem I'm confused again. Why won't it fill on it's own?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:30 am