Giving credit where it's due.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dadwood
Ganger
Ganger

Giving credit where it's due.

Post by Dadwood » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

I have only been a member of DIY DOCTOR for a few months, but in that time I have received some excellent advice on two issues from (amongst others) plumbbob. When I look at his records, plumbbob is one of the most prolific contributors to the PLUMBING forum. His advice and support comes obviously from a great deal of experience, both practical and theoretical. By giving his learned and timely advice, he has helped a large number of people get to grips with their plumbing problems. I am sure there must be a large number of people out there who, like me, feel very grateful for plumbbob's help, so on behalf of them and myself I would like to say 'many thanks plumbbob for all your advice and for taking the time to help so many of us. Your support is very much appreciated'.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

Post by bobplum » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:46 pm

i got excited for a moment there until i realised im bobplum,(lol)but yes i agree he and htg do give a lot of good advise and long may it continue
bob

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:53 pm

Well, thanks for the praise, but am not sure why you should single me out for praise when there are many other regular contributors who are at least as experienced (or better?) like Htg Engineer, Chris on Tour, Steve the Gas, Nitro23456 and Eric Mark to name but a few that I can think of (apologies to others whose names escape me at the moment).

It's good to know that we on here are appreciated as it is often the case that after posting a reply, we never hear what the result was. I often wonder if the advice has worked or if they have blown themselves up!

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:18 pm

And not forgetting my name sake - bobplumb.

Dadwood
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Dadwood » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Your comments are duly and humbly noted; you are both absolutely right of course, there are MANY who offer solid and sensible advice to those who seek it. I do hope no one has taken offence by my not mentioning each of you by name. So, just let me reiterate: Many thanks to you ALL for your support and assistance. I speak not only for all us grateful questioners, but also for those no longer able to be here because plumbbob has blown them up. (just joking.)

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

Post by nitro23456 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:26 pm

haha as plumbbob says, its nice to hear back to see if the advice has worked or not!!

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:01 pm