DIY Doctor

Glasgow tenement water supply

Postby 123.writeangle » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:59 pm

I've just moved in to a Glasgow tenement I'm trying to figure out which is the mains water and which is fed from the tank. I have one stopcock in a cupboard which feeds the bathroom cold water and I have one stop cock by the kitchen sink that seems to feed only the combi boiler and the kitchen sink tap. The toilet water is on an independent feed. I knocked into the wall behind it and the water seems to fill the toilet directly from a pipe there. However there is no isolation valve. There is no management for the block so I need to figure this out so that I can change the bathroom suite and the toilet. Also the stop cock in the cupboard which feeds the bathroom cold is leaking slightly and I need to replace this. It seems that I have three independent water supplies coming into the flat. Help has anyone come across this before?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:45 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics