- I have a composite front door (wood frame, filled with foam, and then skinned with wood effect plastic.
- I want to fit a unit to it to let light in.
- I have cut out the rebate, and started this job thinking it was a wood door !!!!
- However, I am left with a rebate that is surrounding by foam, and not wood as I thought it would be. Doh.
- How on earth do I mount and secure sealed units to a door of this type???? - Advice please????? Thanks.
the way our ones are made is that the glass unit is held in place by a pvc cassette, with the one side screwed into the other with the glass unit wedged in between. Im sure something similar could be knocked up with some timber. make sure to seal all round to stop any water getting in.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!