Gloss Smell After 16 Days and Paint is Dry?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Poly Hive
Labourer
Labourer

Gloss Smell After 16 Days and Paint is Dry?

Post by Poly Hive » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi all,

I painted a relatively small room with Johnstones Magnolia Gloss and went on holiday leaving dust covers down but all open paint removed. There is still after some 16 days a strong smell of gloss paint though the paint it;s self is dry.

The window was left on the security catch so there was some if not a great deal of air circulation.

As this room is part of our guest house any suggestions please as to how to reduce the odour quickly?

PH

Sparkles73
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Gloss Smell After 16 Days and Paint is Dry?

Post by Sparkles73 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi i know your post was 3 years ago now lol, I've just joined the forum, did the smell eventually go? I've just started a topic myself called paint fumes and has smell.

We too used a Johnstones gloss paint but brilliant white, it's five weeks later and still as strong as it was when we first painted it. It's made us ill and me and our little boy who is disabled have had to move out to my parents for the past month.. we really are in a dilemma as my partner has had doors and windows open and tried alsorts but still it's strong, the doors aren't wet, but feel soft, six doors, four of them extra wide including the front door are all in our hallway in a tiny bungalow but even if we removed one by one and took them outside and paint stripped them there's nothing we can do about the door frames and skirting boards etc... certainly can't be done with me and my son at home,

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:21 pm