grhetherm wireless shower
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
martyn720
Labourer
Labourer

grhetherm wireless shower

by martyn720 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:53 am

i have a non pumped shower unit with the cold tank in the loft and the hot water tank downstairs

I purchased a grohe wireless shower unit with a deluge shower head.

I have had continuous problems with water dripping from the shower head.
I have taken the head off emptied it but after replacing it it continues to drip
I have put an ******* flange on the hot water tank and placed the shower unit in the room adjoining the bathroom so that the 'drop' from the cold tank is me than the required distance from the unit itself

GROHE simply say that there is AIR in the system and it is not there fault. It is the air that is slowly making the water push past the seals in the unit !!

I have tried all I know to get rid of AIR but to no avail.
If the hot water is TOO hot (63 degrees) would that create AIR in the water which would cause the dripping.

GROHE say there unit should hold back the water

GROHE have put 5 different units in but he problem is still the same
The shower works well and it is only the constant dripping that is wearing me down

Can you help please

scanpark
Labourer
Labourer

by scanpark » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am

Hi Martyn,

I had the same model shower fitted 4 months ago, and have exactly the same problem.
Grohe sent a contracted engineer out to look at the problem, and he told me exactly the same as you were told!!! Air in the system.

After complaining, Grohe sent a replacement unit, (which the plumber fitted) and it still drips, (just for info, mine drips about every 40 seconds).

Lets hope we can both find the soluation.

Cheers :wink:

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 pm