Grout, caulk or both for repairing dodgy butchers sink?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vonnie406
Labourer
Labourer

Grout, caulk or both for repairing dodgy butchers sink?

Post by vonnie406 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:56 pm

20210506_133621 smaller- Copy.jpg
Moved into this house and butcher's sink in utility has been fitted in a dodgy fashion. I want to patch it up just for now. I am not skilled in DIY and need to know best way to make this look a bit tidier and stop water penetrating. Bought a product that says it's tile adhesive and grout which contains mould shield (multi-plus 703). Also have some polyfiller. Not bought any silicone sealant as yet. My plan was to push some of the 703 stuff into these gaps to try and fill up the big holes and stick the strip of plastic back onto the tiles. Then maybe I need to silicone over the top when it's dry. I am not sure that just putting silicone onto it is going to fill the gaps, so for a neat finish (and I read you use masking tape) I thought grout first then silicone over. Any advice for an elderly novice with limited access to shops would be wonderful. thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Grout, caulk or both for repairing dodgy butchers sink?

Post by stoneyboy » Fri May 07, 2021 9:23 pm

Hi vonnie406
Remove the strip and clean it and the edge of the tiles, then use bathroom silicone to stick the strip onto the tiles. You may have to use packing pieces under the strip until the silicone sets. You can then seal under the strip and onto the sink.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:21 pm